The cottage is situated right on the beach with your own private beach path directly onto the beach - no need to drive! The cottage has a spacious open-plan living area for the kitchen, dining room and lounge on the top floor which flows over onto a sheltered wooden deck where leisurely breakfasts can be consumed outside whilst watching the magnificent views of the sea and listening to the numerous bird calls from the surrounding indigenous bush!
There are 6 bedrooms, 3 of which are en - suite with a third bathroom shared by the other 2 bedrooms. The main en-suite bedroom has an adjourning bedroom with 3 bunk beds suitable for a family. 3 bedrooms have King size beds and all beds have state of the art mattresses and percale linen to ensure you fall asleep in luxury!
There is the best outside hot and cold shower in St Francis - picture coming off the beach straight into a shower surrounded by a forest of milk wood trees! Complete privacy is guaranteed - shower with or without the door open! There is a TV lounge with DSTV and an assortment of games for children to be entertained whilst you are sipping wine upstairs and relaxing.
We have a braai experts dream braai area sheltered from the wind which includes both the braai and a Weber for the more discerning chefs! The braai area is fully decked with large custom made day beds and comfortable mattresses with cushions which adorn the whole deck area. Relax in the sun reading a book or under the milk woods listening to the sound of the birds and sea!
The kitchen has a healthy sized fridge/ freezer and in addition another two fridges in the garage one of which serves as a drinks fridge to cool your drinks after a hot lazy day on the beach. There is a chest freezer in the garage to freeze all the extras so that a daily shopping trip is not necessary which allows for complete relaxation away from the crowds. There is also a washing machine in the garage for those not wanting to pack too many clothes!
The kitchen has a dishwashing machine, microwave and built in oven and hob that is both electric and gas and there is a fireplace for cold and winter days. This piece of paradise has all the mod cons to ensure a relaxing holiday!
Situated right on the beach there is immediate access to rich fishing spots and world renowned surf spots - Seal Point, Bruce's and Jeffrey's Bay.
List of off site facilities within walking distance:
- Gorgeous beach swimming (approx. 400 meters from the cottage)
- Idyllic long beach walks along at least a kilometer of unspoilt beach (approx.100 meters from the cottage)
- Stunning cycling trails through single track, road and jeep tracks
- Beautiful marked walking and running nature trails through pristine unspoilt natural indigenous vegetation
- Superb surfing at well known Seal Point
- Surfing school
- Pub and restaurant
- Coffee shops
- Swimming gym
- Spa within walking distance in the Cape St Francis Resort
- Tennis courts
- Wildlife (Bird Watching, Whales and dolphins)
- Penguin rescue rehabilitation center
(Should you stay in this piece of heaven you will receive more detail on many of the above facilities in a client attachment)
List of off site activities within driving distances:
- Jack Nicolas signature Golf course and village Golf Club
- Squash courts
- St Francis Port
- Canal tours
- Deep sea fishing Charters
- Boating excursions
- Water - skiing
- Harbour and deep sea port
- Sand dunes
- Kromme river and canals
- Private airfield (less than 15kms away)
- World class malaria free game parks
Distance to other major destinations:
- Humansdorp(25kms) and start to famous Garden Route
- Jeffreys Bay(35kms)
- Port Elizabeth(120kms)
- Stellenbosch wine country and Cape Town(800kms)
The cottage is safe but for little children there are stairs and the top deck does have a wooden railing so little children would have to be watched! In addition the sea is close to the cottage so non water safe children will have to be watched also!